Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. You can ensure that your child benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in their classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- Here at Project ACCEPT we have four Big Picture Exhibitions each year. Parents are always welcome to attend and see the current students' work.
- During our Parent/Teacher Conferences, we partner up with the Tulsa County Health Department and offer hands-on activities for all families to participate in.
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Achieving Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
[Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases (ACE por sus siglas en Inglés)
Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo]
- Parent Guide (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Parents' Right To Know | Spanish
- El Derecho a Saber de los Padres (Versión en español)
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program. All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available.
This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student’s education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education. View the Surrogate Parent flyer.